Super Simple 2 ingredient Mac and Cheese
I absolutely love Mac and Cheese. Whenever we go to Byron Burgers, Bodean’s or if I make Sticky Spareribs I would plan everything around the mac and cheese.
When we got married here in the UK we had an enormous stack of cheeses as our wedding cake. As we browsed through numerous wedding shows we stumbled across this beast of a cake from Godminster. As you can imagine that it would’ve been really hard pressed for our 60 guests to finish 10kg of cheese! As a result it is now four years on and we still have some of this delicious cheese in the freezer.
After making tonnes of Four Cheese Macs and freezing what felt like a million portions, I was done with it. I still love it, but once I ran out of the freezer Mac & Cheese portions, I needed something that will quickly fill a hole and satisfy the craving at the same time. The 2-ingredient Mac and Cheese was born.
How to make this simple Mac and Cheese more tasty:
Even though this simple Mac and Cheese is so delicious and tasty already, you may want to add a few more ingredients to make it even more special:
- Instead of plain cream cheese, use a flavoured cream cheese like Chives or Garlic.
- To create the ‘cheese pull’ effect, add some grated mozzarella and a touch of milk to the final product. Make sure the dish is still hot when you do this otherwise the mozzarella won’t melt.
- For a bit of crunch why not make a pangrattato (also known as poor man’s parmesan). It adds a delicious dimension to the otherwise creamy Mac & Cheese.
- To brown the top, stick the finished dish under the grill for a few minutes. You can even add a bit of parmesan over the top before browning.
Super Simple 2-Ingredient Mac and Cheese
- 200g raw macaroni
- 100g cream cheese
- Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the back of the pack until al dente.
- Drain the macaroni, but reserve the water.
- Stir the cream cheese through the macaroni. Use the reserved water to loosen it up a bit (only add a tablespoon at a time).
Perhaps you’ll enjoy these pasta dishes also:
You can also follow me here: