Smokey Barbecue Chicken and Potato Bake
Meat and potatoes. That is what life is all about. Meat and potatoes. If you chuck in some cheese then life would be perfect!
Here is enough for two people:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 Desire potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons of Smokey BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and grease an oven-proof dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and take off the heat. Add the flour and stir with a fork until well mixed and lump free.
- Still off the heat, gradually mix in the milk. Put back on a very low heat and continually stir until thickened.
- Boil the chicken in salted water until tender enough to pull apart with a fork.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and mix with the BBQ sauce. Season if needed.
- Layer some potato slices in the bottom of your greased dish. Spoon over some chicken before pouring over some béchamel sauce. Continue with the layers until you finish with a layer of sauce.
- Scatter some cheese over the top and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Once it comes out of the oven, let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
If you liked this recipe, then you might like the following too:
You can follow me on: